Sunday, October 7, 2007

ScrapPink = lots of work done

I got a spot for one day at ScrapPink at the local store (actually about 20 min away) which was sweet because i actually got some good stuff done. Apologies for the pictures not being cropped perfectly. I was having issues with my computer running out of space and photoshop wouldn't save properly as a result.


This mosaic piece took an eon to actually do. I cut the 8x10 picture into little 1"x1" squares and pasted the whole thing together by hand. There are aparently like templates and such for this sort of thing, but I really wanted to try it out by hand. It doesn't help that i can't cut in a straight line (even with my cutter) or draw a straight line (even with my ruler). The notes along the side are the date and location. I've found that I like putting the dates and such in more obvious spaces.


This one I made for my cousin's kid Jake. He's the ardrenaline junkie in the family and spent most of the afternoon at the park jumping off swings and trying his best to go as fast as possible down the slides. The pictures are really sun drenched and as a result somewhat hard to see, but i love them anyway. To me they are more realistic. I loved these chipboard letters I got from HSN (seriously), the brand is 3Birds. I didn't want to take away from them by using a colored cardstock. I was pretty pleased with how the circle of embelishments and stamps came out. it gives it a pretty good feel overall.

When we got to Keagan's house, her mom told me about how excited she was about wearing her purple pants so i knew these pictures had to go on purple. I'm not much of a gold person so I literally had to scrounge to find some good gold things. The letters came from the store I was at for the crop (ChipChatter is the brand i believe). They come in squares and you can punch the letters out. They are super sparkely but don't get glitter all over you (which is nice).

I lifted a lot of the aspects of this LO from another one i saw (especially the edges of the patterned paper in the middle and the flowers). I love the way the flowers came out and just thought they def needed stems. The different ribbon and fibers make each one unique. I like the way the picture pops with the colors of everything. These blues and greens with brown are some of my new favorite colors to scrap with. Go figure right?

This page actually was really important to me because of what it means. I hadn't seen Scott in 20 years and it was possibly one of the most terrifying moments of my life to re-meet him. Thankfully we got along just fine and it turns out that we are more alike that i would have imagined. I've always felt somewhat out of place in my family in some regards (I've always had different talents and dreams). I'm simliar enough to my mom and dad, but I had yet to find someone as interested in mechanics and such. Scott though, is also an engineer and it would seem that it just doesn't come from nowhere. I really like this page even if the embellishments seem a little mismatched. To me they kind of represent us. Although I wasn't thinking that when i added them. I was just thinking that i liked them. The metal plate was great for a title block and the letter stickers i had been waititng to use for ages (i also have them in b&w--Sticko i think).

I've got a few more left to post. In particular my entry for the OLW word of this week (month? i dunno, bi weekly period), GONE. It came out tons better than I expected, but it is terribly simple. Oh well :)

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Enterprise Project Management