Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day!

Earth Day Graphics


Do you remember Earth Day when you were younger? I do. I had that distinct opportunity of growing up in the 90s when Earth Day got its revival. It was a big deal in middle school. We had events planned, we looked forward to it.

It was a really good opportunity for me to wear my "they were here first" t-shirt with a bunch of endangered animals sitting on top of a globe. I loved that shirt. I wanted nothing more than to be a super tree hugging hippie. I wanted a compost pile and I drove my family into crazy recycling.

I think the best part is that my parents still recycle everything: glass, paper, cardboard etc etc. My dad was already a big re-user prior to their crazy daughter getting on a soapbox, but they really took that home. I think it was because it made me happy. I'm not sure to be honest.

I kind of want to post a series of items I jumped on a soapbox about when I was younger, that might make for some interesting reading.

So go out there and be green today! Starbucks takes 10 cents off your coffee when you bring in your own mug. Use your refillable water bottle today. Walk the extra steps to recycle that coke can instead of just tossing it in the trash can.

Do your part. We only get one earth, use it wisely!

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Enterprise Project Management