Monday, December 13, 2010

Checking Things Off the List

Well not completely checking them off but making progress.

I said 12 books before 28, and so far I'm three books in (I just finished another last night).

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Stieg Larsson)
I jumped on the hype and got these books for cheap with a coupon from Borders (I've stopped opening those emails to cut down on my spending) and of course got sucked in. I'm quite enamored by the Lisbeth character, though for the obvious reasons. Social pariahs always catch my eye, plus I still have a fantasy of being a Trinity-Level hacker as well as being okay to be tattooed in obvious places. The book is full of suspense and parts of the ending just blew my mind.

(The Swedish movie is also quite good and I'm very much looking forward to Rooney Mara in the American version.)

The Girl Who Played with Fire (Stieg Larsson)
Book two of the series starts off a little slower, but towards the end builds in ways that are barely imaginable. It focuses on the troubled and difficult (but lovable in her own right) heroine and her past. By the end I was breathing heavily and far too eager to turn each page.

(Book three - The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - is on deck, but Champ was reading it first so I had to wait for him to finish. He's done, but I'd started another book and around and around it goes. I finished the other book last night, so I should start the third tonight.)

Can You Keep a Secret (Sophie Kinsella)
This was a little cheesy and I hate counting but I finished the second book before Champ finished the third of the "Girl Who" series and I was left searching through my Kindle for what to pick up that would take less than a week to read. By the end though I was rather sucked in, enjoying the cute story of what happens when you accidentally share all your secrets with a total stranger, who, of course, finds his way back into your life. It's adorable, but lame and nothing more than a beach read. Or a read between two other books read.

Progress has been made. I'm at 3/12 and if I keep having to travel for work I'll keep making progress.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Enterprise Project Management