Monday, May 7, 2012

Music For Monday - William Beckett


What better for a slightly rainy Monday (how much of my music choices are linked to weather?), but something uplifting, something with enough backing to it that you can't help but ignore the rain? I want to make my Monday a good one and focus on the little bits of sun poking through.

With that in mind, I've got the new EP from William Beckett, Walk the Talk, playing, waking up the day (even if it is already the afternoon). It's a great sound, especially for a girl who fell in love with William the first time I saw him head up his band, The Academy Is... when they opened for The All American Rejects (many eons ago). The sound is different from TAI, but not in a bad way. It's got a foot tapping kind of sound, something that reminds me of Rooney (especially "Girl You Shoulda Been a Drummer"), and yet at the same time sounds completely different. It's got a beautiful groovy feel to it that can only come from William. And "You Never Give Up" is such a beautiful song, uplifting and reassuring.

Pick up your copy on iTunes, or William's webstore or cruise it on spotify. Put on the headphones, crank it up and survive the rest of the day. And hey, the sun's starting to peek out more here. Maybe there's nothing but good things on the horizon.

While you're at it? Follow William on twitter and see if his tour hits your town. I'm pretty sure I'll be going to see him play when he hits Atlanta later this month. I'm already excited.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Enterprise Project Management