Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Prepping for the Half Marathon

It's been decided. Champ and I are running a half marathon in January. I know, absolute crazy talk, but we're crazy so it happens.

In prep, I've been running. Like out there on the trail by where we live running and it's been good, minus the part where the men who have twenty to thirty years on me dust me and finish two 5K loops before I can run/walk one. I'm still slow, still not quite there yet but getting there.

Because it's necessary, I've started a running playlist. Of course I only got through the G's on iTunes and it's already over an hour long (which for running is a long time I think). I figure I might as well share part of it, maybe inspire you to work on your own goals (not everyone needs to have fitness goals).

This is my first time using 8tracks, so bear with me as I catch up with the rest of the world.

Running and Running and Running from winglesswarrior on 8tracks.

But here's the listing:

1. Boys Like Girls - "Chemicals Collide"
Who doesn't love this song? Upbeat, slightly cheesy and fun to get you in the mood. I've moved it towards the top of the list something to put me in a good mood as I get started.

2. Austin Gibbs - "I Like the Ones Who"
Austin Gibbs is a total trip. So much fun to watch live and this song? Oh man this song puts me in a good mood. Total distraction from the fact that I can't breathe.

3. Cobra Starship - "Guilty Pleasure"
I love that this song is essentially about how I feel about this whole band. It's a guilty pleasure and when you're running? You need it.

4. B.o.B. - "Magic"
Don't laugh, I love this song. I love B.o.B. He's super talented. And this song is upbeat and fun to go with. Love it.

5. The Cab - "Bad"
Easily my favorite upbeat track off the Symphony Soldier album. It's fun, it's distracting and honestly? I love it. How can you be too winded when you've got this blasting in your ears?

6. Daft Punk - "Derezzed"
Towards the end, thought is gone and you need something like this one from the Tron Legacy soundtrack that makes you dream you're running on the game board rather than a trail where you wish you were dead.

7. Go Periscope - "She Said (Go Periscope Remix)"
So much by this group is added to my marathon play list. They are super talented and while this isn't usually my favorite genre? This is my favorite group in it. I love this remix, so much energy, more than enough to get through a work out.

8. Go Radio - "Thanks for Nothing"
Normally I wouldn't think that I would like Go Radio on a running playlist, but they've come up more than once off the 'driving' play list I was using and it's actually pretty great. I know, crazy, but it works.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Enterprise Project Management