Friday, June 8, 2012

Some Treats To Survive Friday

How's that Friday shaping up? I know it's still one of my favorite days of the week, but nothing is worse than the post-lunch Friday slump.

So I've got a few things to perk your day up, hopefully get you to 5pm (or 4pm or 3pm) sooner.



A friend sent me this video this week. I'm still trying to figure out who Landon Pigg is, but the story that came with the song is that he sent the video to a girl he's interested in. Watch the video, it's cute as hell and you'll go 'aww' over my friend. I'm also kind of sure I've heard this song before, but it's likely been in a million tv shows or whatever I've watched.

He's got a facebook page and I'll be cruising through that to find out more about him. (And possibly post about him again.)

(Speaking of 'songs on tv' did you know the new Boys Like Girls single - or so I'm assuming - is already on tv? It's in the new Biggest Loser commercials. Crazy right? Still deciding how I feel about that.)



This is the best thing ever. Members from The Early November, The Wonder Years, The Swellers, and, our favorite, Young Statues (look at Carmen!) recorded a cover of Semisonic's "Closing Time".

I'm beyond stoked that the whole little video is recorded by some school buses, because this song came out when I was in high school (junior or senior year...yes do that math and figure out how old I am) and I honestly felt like it would have been the best graduation song ever. Love it. Plus, come on, it's beautifully done. I'm bummed this tour isn't headed my way because it is likely a blast.

Speaking of The Early November, they have a new song out, "Frayed in Doubt", preview for their new album In Currents that's due out in July. And it's great. I'm so glad these guys are still doing what they do. And I officially need to listen to more of their stuff. Check it out:



Hopefully that helps a little, gets you through the afternoon and one step closer to the weekend!

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Enterprise Project Management