Sunday, March 14, 2010

Year of an Art Journal

I've been working on this art journal, it's sort of a new thing for me. I'm trying to try new styles and such and this seemed like a good way to go about it.

Here's what I've done so far.

Art Journal - What
This prompt was "What" as in what's holding you back in your art work. I wrote out a bunch of things and then went over it with paint.

Art Journal - Hope

For the "Hope" prompt, I played around with masking and glimmer misting. Besides making sort of a mess, I still like the way it came out.

Art Journal - Unknown

For "Unknown" I was drawing a blank, but I started playing with water colors and some chipboard wings I liked. The technique to use was stitching which I sort of cheated with my stitching on the wings, but I still really like the way the page came together. One of those things you work on and eventually it becomes something beyond yourself.

Here's a little more detail:
Art Journal - Unknown (detail)

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Enterprise Project Management