Monday, November 22, 2010

Little Ones

Alright, this is a little ridiculous but I want a kid.

Wait. Let me rephrase that.

I want someone I know to have a kid that I can spend time with and be involved with said kid's life. I don't actually want a child in my life. I'm very aware of the fact that children are something that I am in no way ready to devote the necessary time to and that they need to be fed more than once a day. I'm aware of all this.

But I hung out with some of my family last weekend and saw my cousin Brooke's kids Sophie and and Evan (and her stepson Asher) and I realized how much fun it must be to have an actual relationship with a child. To take their pictures and talk to them and hear what they have to say. Our new neighbors have kids but most of the time they look at me like I'm some sort of giant monster (which doesn't actually give me any sort of motivation for having kids again) and that's not really what I'm going for.

So now I'm trying to figure out who in my close circle of friends who could/should have a kid. And then convince them to do so. So far it's not working out so well. I've got two or three friends who are older than me (I can't go asking someone my age or younger right?) and they both looked at me like I was crazy.

Apparently I'm going to have to wait. Or find new friends. Or try not to be the scary lady across the street. (Really? What about me is that scary? I wasn't in a costume when I met these kids.)

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Enterprise Project Management