Monday, June 16, 2008

Manic Mondays...

With a stack of cards I worked on all weekend (and another stack to get into) I sadly don't have pictures to show yet. But hopefully later this week before I head out to St. Thomas for a much needed, real live vacation. (I know, I travel more than anyone else you know, but so much of it is like one day in the airport, the next day somewhere and another day in the airport. I'm taking time off and taking Champ along. It's going to be magnificent.)

Since it is Monday, I wanted to get your day going (even though for most of you it's almost over) with some fun stuff to share. So here's my list of what I'm loving/craving right now.

Blogs I <3:
-- James, my dear Deccor Fellow, such a great blog. I find his stuff totally inspiring and I'm not even into design (well interior design). But I can get excited about the next issue of Coastal Living just like the rest of them, and I love his style. Especially the compact simplicity he yearns for. I totally yearn for that in my LOs, even if it's a totally different medium.
--I've been really enjoying my polariod blog as well. I love the soft feeling of her photography. Very inspiring especially since I typically prefer sharper imagery.

Projects worth trying:
--This type case project from Ali Edwards is fantastic. I love it because I grew up with these sort of racks around our house. I used to keep all my little figurines in one (you know the plastic Carebears and Snorkels). We still have some that came from my Great Uncle's store hanging up in the basement of my parents house. I really want to try this.
--You know how I love a mini book (even if I don't make as many as I should). This one from Ali brings together the idea of using up all those neat little things you're hoarding and a really cool looking mini book.

Books:
--I'm currently reading Kushiel's Chosen by Jacqueline Carey. It's the second in a fantasy series, that sports a pretty amazing lead female character. I'm a sucker for a great, strong female character. It's a hefty read, but if you are into the fantasy genre, make sure you look into it.
--My summer book club just finished up Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, which I really got into. I was touched by her perception on a lot of things, especially her attitude towards a relationship with God (and trust me, typically these are sort of things that turn me away from a book). It's great thought provoking book, and excellent for a book club choice, or just on your own.

Let me know what's caught your eye this week!

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Enterprise Project Management