Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Fast Approaching Birthday

I got to say, I'm not looking forward to this birthday.

I've been making jokes for a the past few months that this one and the next one are the last two I'm celebrating because, well who wants to be 30 anyway? Not me. That sounds like I need to start being an adult, to have a kid or something and none of that I want right now.

Doesn't help that I don't look or feel like I'm 28. Not to mention I feel like there's still so much left for me to do that turning 30 puts a damper on it. Hell turning 28 feels like it's putting a damper on it. I look at my friends and I see how much they've done, how far they've come and I feel like I'm nowhere. Years sliding by without me doing anything about it.

It's a little depressing. I only really feel like I started living in the past few months and even then I'm not doing nearly enough.

I've always been horrid at living in the moment, but this is getting a little ridiculous.

Add to that that I really don't want to turn 28. It's just depressing me. And I have too many things on my 27 things before 28 list (though I'm counting seeing Early Morning Blues as #12 since Boys Like Girls didn't go on tour this summer. Next year...). I'm going to roll a few things over, like some of the small projects and the tattoo design, but it's hard that I didn't accomplish everything I wanted to.

Still, as far as years go, it was a decent one. There was a lot of living going on, a lot of love and meeting people that mean so much to me now. I just wish that this was year 23 or 25 not 27.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Enterprise Project Management