Friday, November 25, 2011

New Beginnings

I've been trying to post about this for a while, but it's been a little hard for me to do that.

When Boys Like Girls announced their return and posted their video update, they also announced they were short a bassist, one who seems to frequent my blog, Bryan Donahue.

Bryan took to twitter a few hours later and said that he'd been kicked out of the band and that it wasn't his decision to leave. (Yes. Whatever you are guessing in the way of my reaction is accurate.)

So the announcement of the new album from Boys Like Girls does come with mixed feelings, but Bryan's pointed out that he's still playing with The Tower and The Fool as well as Early Morning Blues. Early Morning Blues (Bryan) has also announced that their new EP is in work and that they'll tour as soon as they get booked and it's done. All good news.

It's a sad moment, but in a way it's good news. I've been a big Early Morning Blues fan (if the tattoo on my side is any indicator) and being able to go to small shows to see Bryan play was starting to get to be a thing. Losing that would make me sad (though there are plenty of small bands I go see now, but it wouldn't quite be the same).

Best of luck to Bryan in everything he does, and I'm guessing I'll be trailing along behind him no matter what it is.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Enterprise Project Management