Monday, July 9, 2012

Music for Monday - The Goo Goo Dolls

Champ and I road tripped to Florida to visit my family this weekend, and with that much time in the car we were sitting there, the iPod hitting Hootie and the Blowfish, The Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox Twenty, just right in a row and all I could think was "man, remember when music was just so tragic and so good?"

There really was nothing like the 90s with music that was so tragically depressing, but so beautiful that you listen to it over and over again. Take the entire Dizzy Up the Girl album. It's tragic, with songs like "Acoustic #3" and "Black Balloon", but it's gorgeous. I love it and I swear if the laser in my CD player could have worn a hole in the CD it would have.

It was inevitable that I was going to put them on for the day after, while cleaning up around the house. The Goo Goo Dolls have a discography that spans genres, decades and most of my lifetime. My favorite song is still "Name" off the Boo Named Goo album, but the new album, Something for Everyone while not as punk rock as the old days, it still great, still full of emotion. They are always good, always solid and super talented. And while the music has become more pop music friendly? It's never lost those words so full of heart, feelings and tragedy. Definitely a mainstay in my music collection.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Enterprise Project Management