Thursday, September 22, 2011

What's Playing?

Starting a new Thursday post with what's been playing for me music wise lately. Maybe you'll find something new. I'm always taking suggestions as well.

IN THE CAR
Symphony Soldier by The Cab

The physical album finally came in the mail and I quickly popped it into the car stereo and have been pumping that for the drive to and from work. It's a great album, which I thought when I first gave it a listen through, but now with continued listens, I'm still in love with it.

It's a poppy album and a sound that reminds me of Maroon 5 without actually being Maroon 5 (not that there's anything wrong with Maroon 5). It has that same sort of unique bright sound that they have and the flow of "Bad" into "Endlessly" then "Animal" is possibly my favorite part of the cd.

If you haven't checked them out yet, do it. Also check out the video for the single "Bad" which is...well you'll know when you see it. I personally find it adorable.

Follow them on Twitter:
@TheCab

AT WORK
I've been digging up the old stuff at work lately, tossing the iPod on shuffle until it hits something I want to listen to. The past few days have been filled with Something Corporate and Boys Like Girls.

If you haven't relived the early 2000s with Something Corporate yet, do it. If you're a fan at all of Jack's Mannequin, you'll love what Andrew was working on before he was part of JM. If you already know SoCo, go put on "Konstantine" and fall in love again.

BLG is, if you haven't guessed yet, a standard go-to for me, but that doesn't mean I don't love it any less. I started off with "Broken Man" and went from there. I can't get over how good this band was, even on their first album. Martin, Bryan, Paul and John are some of the most talented artists out today and all four of them in the same place is just perfect. Here's hoping they come around and give us more music as BLG, but even if they don't? I'm more than excited for everything they touch in the future.

Follow them on Twitter:
@BoysLikeGirls
@OfficialSoCo

tip: for more info on the other things the guys from these bands are up to follow @BryanEMB, @JohnBLG, @paulBLG, @martinsays and @jacksmannequin

AT THE GYM
I'm usually late to any party, but I've been rocking a lot of This Century while running. I'm really in love with songs like "Loud" and "Hopeful Romantic"

Follow them on Twitter:
@ThisCentury

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Enterprise Project Management