Thursday, February 2, 2012

30/30/30 Challenge - It Begins + Outfit 1

The idea originally came from here. Take 30 things out of your wardrobe and make that it for 30 days. 30 outfits, no buying new things in between.

I kept telling myself I was going to do this, but with work everything I wore was boring and I was only home at night to take photos which just upset me. So now that I'm looking for a new job, I've got time, I dress differently every day and I figured…what the hell right?

So here we go:

The Guidelines
Pick 30 things from your closet and drawers and use that as the base.
- coats and accessories (tights, jewelry, scarves, hats etc) don't count towards the 30

Over 30 days, put together 30 outfits and catalog / photograph each day.

Some things you should know about up front: I'm going to cheat. I know, day one and I'm already telling you about my cheating. Here's the deal. Currently it's a nice 65+ degrees outside, but the groundhog saw his shadow and we're supposed to get 6 more weeks of winter. This makes sense considering we've barely had a winter at all. So while my choices work for right now, in about 2 weeks I'm going to need to add layers like it's going out of style. Though in my defense, the layers will be solid colors and plain things and not a central aspect of the wardrobe. Things like white t-shirts and black tank tops, for added warmth of depth to outfits.

That said here's my wardrobe:

30/30/30 wardrobe 2

3 pairs of skinny jeans - one light, one dark, one black denim
1 pair of cotton skinny pants
a denim skirt
pink frou frou skirt (I have no idea what else to call it)
floral dress
striped boat neck shirt
blue boat neck sweatshirt
gray v-neck sweater
chunky black cardigan sweater
light gray cardigan
dark gray cardigan
white short sleeve sweater
blue cardigan with polka dots

30/30/30 wardrobe 3
pink stripe tank
brown camisole
vintage plaid flannel shirt
pink henley
green henley
Black Carbon Custom shirt
flowery waffle shirt

30/30/30 wardrobe
maroon ruffle shirt
Converse tee
blue tunic top
blue plaid button down
baseball tee
green Converse button down
black flowery top
sparkly short sleeved sweater

Whew right? I'm a t-shirt and jeans kind of gal, so this will force me to step that up a little (or so I hope). And without further delay, let's get on to the good stuff. Here's today's outfit. Call it Outfit 1!

30/30/30 Outfit 1

30/30/30 outfit 1
lighter skinny jeans + Converse tee + dark gray sweater
(accessories - purple scarf, ballet flats, bracelet)

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Enterprise Project Management